Winter 2019-20 Junior Golf Program
Who: All junior golfers looking to improve their golf game over the winter months. This winter I will have 4 programs included as part of the winter academy. The programs are 12 weeks in duration* and begin the first week of January 2019 (or earlier if requested). The programs are as follows and are as follows:
1) Niagaragolfpro.com Academy Performance Team
This program is designed for junior golfer to get to that next level both physically and technically through fitness and private lesson programs utilizing the latest technology and movement exercise.
2) Level I, II & III Learning Programs
Each program is designed to help juniors learn the key fundamentals of the game and allow each boy or girl the opportunity to enjoy the game for their entire lives. All programs utilize the U.S. Kids Golf Learning Program curriculum
All lesson programs will be conducted at:
Niagara Golf Warehouse,
10 Dunlop Drive, St. Catharines, Ontario,
Elite Junior & Niagaragolfpro.com Academy Performance Team –
This is the third season of this program. The second season produced 14 boys and girls playing on the Niagara District Junior Golf Tour and also participated in the U.S. Kids Niagara Tour, Maple Leaf Junior Tour, Canadian Junior Golf Association and Golf Ontario tournaments. The goal for 2o19 to is produce 15+ junior boys and 8 junior girls to the team.
Again, this winter I have teamed up with Thomas DeAngelis, Certified GoodLife Fitness Personal Trainer (see bio info here) to provide a program for all junior golfers ages 9-18 who are aspiring to get that next level. Whether it is to join the local tours (US Kids Niagara Golf Tour or Niagara District Junior Golf Tour), looking in the future to participate in Golf Association of Ontario to get a potential golf scholarship or to just play better golf and challenge yourself this program is for you.
The winter program will have two components. Details are as follows:
- a) 12 private golf sessions – each lesson will be conducted on a weekly basis at a set time based on availability and schedules at Niagara Golf Warehouse. Lesson program will include all fundamentals of the game to improve and be ready for the spring golf season and preparation for tour qualifiers and events. All students will have access to the following during the programs duration:
- Niagara Golf Warehouse golf simulator rental
- Flightscope launch monitor
- Coaching V1 Video Analysis software
- Various swing training aids
- access to my “CoachNow” Coaching app for lesson references (all lessons include a 2-4 minute video lesson review)
Duration: 60 minutes
- b) 12 fitness sessions. These sessions will be held once/week at GoodLife Fitness, St. Catharines. Times will be based on general availability of all the juniors. This is a group session with up to 8 juniors participating together. Once we get a general consensus of availability we will put the juniors into a set day and time.
Why a fitness program? If you are a parent getting your kid into golf, you need to get them started in the gym, not lifting heavy weights, but performing some basic exercises and improving motor skills. Before a young athlete is able to progress to the next level he/she must have the basic movement skills understood and learned. These sessions are focused on core stability, which will help junior golfers master the “fundamental movements” necessary to make an athletic golf swing, prevent immediate and future injury and at the same time having fun in a team atmosphere.
Options are available to do fitness only, golf only or combination. Each section will have its own cost.
Duration: 60 minutes/session
Price: 12 sessions – Golf Only – $480.00 inclusive
12 sessions – Golf & Fitness Program – TBA
Payment and booking of sessions:
To book your juniors position 50% is due at time of signing and remainder due at first session. To schedule your juniors sessions we will select a given day and time weekly. Payment may be made through e-transfer, cheque or cash.
2) Junior Level I, II & III Learning Programs
Golf is a fun game that can be played throughout our lives. To help juniors more easily learn the key fundamentals of the game, I have adopted the U.S. Kids Golf Learning Program. This program consists of three levels, numbered 1 through 3. The difficulty increases as the junior advances through each level with me guiding them along the way as they learn the 5 core areas of golf! As the junior progresses, incentives will be provided as they complete specific areas of the program. This is all done through FUN game based learning and coaching over a 12 week program to pass each program.*
In order to pass a level specific checkpoints for putting, around the green, full swing, knowledge of the game and scoring will be required to pass. These are all measurable results so the parent(s) can be involved and see how their little golfer is progressing! Scoring test will be completed at Sawmill Golf Course in the spring
*Levels I & II are estimated to take 12 weeks where Level III is to take a full golf season.
Duration: 60 minutes/session
Price: $480.00 inclusive
To book your juniors position 50% is due at time of signing and remainder due at first sessions. To schedule your juniors sessions we will select a given day and time weekly. Payment may be made through e-transfer, cheque or cash.